REGIONAL INTELLIGENCE DIVISION
FUNCTIONS OF THE REGIONAL INTELLIGENCE DIVISION
1. Prepares Intelligence plans policies and programs of the RD and coordinates, controls, directs and supervises the implementation of such plans policies, and programs.
2. Evaluates and integrates all intelligence projects of the PNP.
3. Provides intelligence for use of RD and disseminates same to all PNP units and offices.
4. Determines PNP foreign intelligence objectives and prepares and implements plans for the attainment of such objectives.
5. Directs and controls the PNP foreign intelligence efforts through the effective management of the PNP attaché systems, including the selection and projection of PNP personnel for foreign intelligence assignments.
6. Serves as the initial point of contact with foreigners having official dealing/transactions with the PNP.
7. Development and maintains and integrated computerized intelligence system in support of PNP intelligence information requirements and provides electronic data processing services for the PNP intelligence community.
8. Represents the RD as directed in intelligence matters with government departments/agencies and with representatives of foreign governments.
9. Provides general and special training on police intelligence in support of the requirements of the PNP and other government agencies.
10. Performs such other functions as the RD may direct.